Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Work

I've spent the summer doing bits and bobs of CGI work, most of my practise has gone into organic modelling, but towards the start of the summer I spent a bit of time modelling mechanical objects (my mech) and also a little bit of environment modelling (this castle). The castle isn't yet finished I have plenty of ideas that I want to build within the scene (the idea has got bigger and bigger in my head, its now fairly epic in terms of size). As soon as I finish the organic modelling work I am doing at the moment (or when I hit a brick wall) I will be returning to this scene. In terms of the work behind this, the scene is made from simple polygon shapes, using a lot of the extrude tool. The only complicated aspect of the scene, was when I was creating the interiors of the towers. I decided I wanted you to be able to move inside the structures, but this meant some complicated appending of polygons to ensure that the walls had depth.



No comments:

Post a Comment