Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A little concept

I decided recently that I really need to start creating good finished pieces of work from scratch to form a portfolio. So when I got up this morning, wacom in hand, I decided to start experimenting around with some ideas I had had. One of which I rather liked was based on the idea of Lovecraft's Cthulhu. And seeing as I am looking for interesting things to model in maya I thought this would be a good idea to persue. My idea didnt involve the Cthulhu itself, but more of a lesser Cthulhu or some kind of spawn of it. The idea being that is was a symbiotic, parasite like creature, that attaches itself to its victims and feeds of them whilst hunting others. I've only just done this quick concept, but I am fairly sure you can already see some of the other influences coming through, the face hugger stage from the Alien Franchise, the brilliant Davey Jones character from Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Mans Chest, and even a bit of a mind flayer. I am quite pleased with this quick concept drawing so I am going to keep going with it and hopefully soon you will start to see it being made in maya. I'm also pretty excited because if I can make this model it will lend itself very to importing into zbrush (for the extra fiddly details needed to achieve a nice wet surfuce and to model suckers etc) and then make a displacement map to texture back on in Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment