Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Work: Hand

I decided to skip the arm (oddly) and go straight from torso and head to hand (the reasoning was the hand was going to be hard and I felt on a roll after the head). The hand was box modelled from a cube but the difference that helped my model it with considerably more success than my previous (and interesting looking) attempts was the way in which I looked at the hand. A tutorial I saw suggested that most tutorials tell you to extrude the thumb out to the side of the hand when really it comes more out of the front. This was something I had noticed in all my previous attempts at hands, the thumb never looked right. Happily in this mesh I feel it does. I had now inserted ever edge look I think I will need in the hand (although the nice thing about the mesh is if I feel I need more geometry I can insert anything I need without breaking the flow of the mesh) but really its is just at the tweaking stage of moving verts and subtlely adjusting the shape to make it look the best it can.




No comments:

Post a Comment