Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nissan 350z

I was quite pleased with my model of the ford focus, but it didnt smooth very well due to the flow of the mesh in places not being very good, the result of this was streaking in the mesh. But seeing as it was my first attempt I was quite happy with the overall result. But I decided to attempted a different car using a different method of modelling. This is the start of my Nissan 350z model, the main difference in modelling technique was to construct different parts of the mesh seperately as opposed to box modelling the entire car from one cube. I also applied a phong material so that when I smoothed the car I could instantly see areas that were not smooth (due to the reflective properties of the phong). As a result this car mesh smooths much nicer that the ford focus. I am tempted, once I finish some of my other projects to go back and model the ford using this technique and comparing the results.





No comments:

Post a Comment