Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Car Model

This post is an update of my earlier posts showing my progress on my car model. At this stage the model is pretty near completion. Only a few last minutes bits need to me done. First on the list is to tweak some edges so that when the body is smoothed (for best results but with the most resolution) there are no gaps between chasis and other bits (doors, windows etc). Second is decided what I am going to with the base of the car, its not apparant from many angles but there isnt actually a base to the model, I am thinking of just using append polygon to fill the hole and then extrude it in and up. If I am going to animate the car and make it do any snazy jumps then I might have to model a bit more detail into the base of the car (exhaust pipers, wheel axis). Finally is how much small detail I choose to add. I have already decided that this model will not include the interior of the car, but its just a case of what nice touches I feel the model could use (door handles and such)

No comments:

Post a Comment