Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Work: Head

After spending some time adjusting my torso mesh, I decided to start modelling the head. I knew this was going to be a challenge as the head and hands are the hardest part of any character, although it was comforting to be told if you can build both parts then the rest of the body should (in theory) be easy. All I used for reference was a few images of a finished head with ideal topology and I began. I used a simple cube to begin with, I cut the cube in half and used duplicate special with an instance so that the other half would be a mirror of what I was working on. Then it was just a case of using the split polygon tool to create the necessary edge loops and then tweaking their location until things where in the right place. The head isnt perfectly formed by any means but the topology is all their for a hi resolution head, when I move up a subdivision level. It took my a long time but there is no triangles in the mesh, a fact I am very pleased about.





No comments:

Post a Comment