Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Work: Car Modelling

Another part of the hard surface modelling I have been practising over the summer was to construct a car (or other vehicle, but I settled on car). I have plans to use the finished car model in a scene. The idea is to create a derelict, urban street theme. I am then going to alter the car mesh (make it look burnt out and wrecked) and have a protagonist character crouched behind the car with the mech in the background. But for now I will settle for just finishing the car. The model is coming along well, just needs some more tweaking. At the moment I am removing faces such as the headlights and windows (some of these edges will be extruded in before I do anything else). The windows will probably be re-inserted using append polygon once the metal frame of the car is modelled. For this model I doubt I will be constructing the interior of the car.





No comments:

Post a Comment