Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Compositing

Im just working through the last few escape studios tutorials from their Maya Core course. At the moment I am working through a brief introdution to compositing tutorial (its only a brief introduction as compositing is a huge discipline within CGI and they have whole courses dedicated to it by itself). So I am currently trying to composite the nurbs kettle I made not long ago into a photo using a few compositing tricks. The images below are (in order): the composite as it stands at the moment, the background image, the occlusion layer creating subtle shadows between some pieces of geometry that have been textured using a technique called camera mapping to map the background image from the camera taking the renders too the geometry. I also have a depth map layer creating depth of field on my kettle (although not present in these renders) and a shadows layer (but I left this one out as its currently jet black shadows which are rather obvious, they will be toned down in the compositing package)



No comments:

Post a Comment