Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Work: Organic Modelling

I set myself a goal at the start of the summer to try and complete (or complete as much of) a human mesh. It took my a while to get going, mainly because there is a lot of different ways of creating a human mesh, based on preference or what level of resolution you want the mesh to me. At first I watched a sped up video of a box modelled human. This first picture was my attempt at following what was happening in the video. However it got to a point when I couldn't follow the video it was moving too fast. So I started to look elsewhere for a different way to start my model. The second attempt involved making simple shapes with good topology, the advantage of this method was it encourages you to practise at making the simple shapes (of the head and torso which I have shown below) however it had the small problem that the models were not very good for then making higher resolution meshes.


The second attempt involved making simple shapes with good topology, the advantage of this method was it encourages you to practise at making the simple shapes (of the head and torso which I have shown below) however it had the small problem that the models were not very good for then making higher resolution meshes.



However third time lucky, I came across a tutorial that suggested a method I hadn't thought of before, the different thing about this tutorial was that it encouraged you to create a 3d reference out of your reference images and then use the extrude edge tool to build the mesh round the 3d reference. This worked well for me and in the next post I will start to show my (sort of) step by step images of the model being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment