Monday, September 27, 2010

Attempt at Character Creation

I decided it was about time that I actually built an original character design, something I've found a bit hard because I keep over doing it a bit and trying to fly before I can crawl. So this morning I began modelling this character based on some very simple reference images I drew months ago. The idea behind it is its a steam powered robot, for a medievel fantasy setting. So think robotic suit of armour, only this character is a bit weedy. I am quite pleased with how its coming along, still need to tackle the arms, lower leg and head. I'm currently finishing the knees and the shoulders and I have already built the hands in a seperate scene. Then its just going to be a case of going in and modelling some more detail. In particular I want to get nice look over lapping armour plates.





No comments:

Post a Comment