Sunday, February 28, 2010

Headphone Modeling

I've been continuing my modeling practise, and have been focusing on modeling more effeiciently. This has meant uses practises such as only using the maya hotbox and very few of the menus (simple removing the need to scroll through many menus has sped the process up quite a lot), using more and more hotkeys, only modeling half or even a quarter of the final model and using duplicate special to create the rest and using subdiv proxies again to create a running preview of the higher resolution model whilst I am building the low res. I feel this exercise has really improved my modeling skills, I am really starting to understand how to effectively use edge loops, which are key to creating good models. There is also something ridiculously satisfying about running maya and all you have on your screen is the view port and about three menus. But anyhow heres the finished render of the headphones I've been modeling.




No comments:

Post a Comment