Friday, February 5, 2010

Tap





I'm on a CGI roll at the moment, this is my latest creation as I am learning my way through the tools used in polygon modelling in Maya. This exercise is a box modelling exercise, the entire model is made from a polygon cube. I then applied a subdiv proxy, a feature that allows you to see a higher resolution mesh over layed with you low resolution mesh. The advantage of this is that you can alter the low resolution mesh and witness the changes to the high resolution mesh. (The first render is of the two models over layed). I just used the extrude tool and the manipulators and history to edit the mesh as I went along. In some cases using history to go back an make changes. This model is not quite finished I am about to go through and use the crease tool to make alterations to the curves that make up the tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment