Friday, February 26, 2010

Tire Modelling

I've started to venture into the modelling tutorials by Escape (I was working through everything in order, but I fancied doing the modelling tutorials so I could better learn how to make something cool that I could animate), I also went straight for polygon modelling (the NURBS modelling section is a bit smaller, mainly because in my opinion its not used as much). So back to polygons it is. This model didnt really use any tools I wasn't familiar with, apart from measure which is just a ruler. But what the tutorial did teach me was how to model a lot more effeciantly and effectively. Although when it came to duplicating the original tire tread I had made to create the tire I did have to redo it a couple of times just because I needed to see which vertices didnt match up when the model was duplicated an then I would go back and adjust the individual track. All in all im rather pleased with this model, bring on bigger and more time consuming things.

No comments:

Post a Comment