Thursday, February 25, 2010

Flow Path Animation

Today I've been learning a few new things, (had a very insightful webinar by escape studios, but I will probably right about that seperately), once again my animations on maya have been mainly allowing me to experiment using motion path animation (I have made a rollercoaster, and once it starts co-operating a bit better I will put up a video). In this animation I attached a model of a hammerhead shark to the motion path and used flow path to create a lattice that allows the hammerhead to bend around the motion path. I then used duplicate special to make multiple sharks whilst preserving the history of the model, once I had laid them out in a way I liked I added a camera and did a simple camera animation moving around the scene. I am aware that the scene is very dark, I only used default lighting for this I, and if i get a chance I will go back through and make more appropriate lighting. Although there is something quite cool about a shiver of sharks swimming out of a black abyss.


Hammerhead Animation from Toby Rutter on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment