Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chair

I've been busy today learning a bit more about polygon modelling, and I have been building a chair. The chair started out as a cuboid that has been subdivided and extruded to create a chair leg. Once again using lattice deformers to alter the mesh as I went to create a bit of detail. Then I used duplication and scaling in negative axis' to repeat the legs. These where then joined together to make one chair piece. I used the extrude tool along a cv curve to create the back of the chair and more extrusions and lattices to create the rungs on the back of the chair and give them a slight bend. I added a bit of detailing with some subdivisons and extruding inside the model to create grooves in the wood. The seat cushion was simply made with a cube and altered with extrusions and with a lattice to alter the shape. Finally I have just started the process of beveling all the surfaces varying degrees (based on the hardness of the surface) to give it a more natural feel. This is a work in process as it will take me a little while to bevel the entire surface of the model, so I thought I would get a render up first. Once I have finished I would like to texture the model and also go back an maybe extrude some arms for the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment