Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Armature Kangaroo


Here is the best photo of several I took of my recently made kangaroo armature, it is ..... interesting. There were plenty of lessons learnt making this armature. One of my key learning points is that it is very important to flesh your model out a lot, and then only put plasticine over the top. otherwise the model gets really heavy and hard to animate. Also in my quest to create a durable model I doubled up wire that wasnt really bendy enough to animate the character easily. Also make sure all of hte wire armature is made first... i left the ears until last and tried to glue them on which ended badly. Final learning point came from when it came to attach the armature wire for the legs to the spine, I had some issues, and accidently may hav given too much of the tail into the spine giving it a huge long neck and not enough tail. But you live any learn. Apologizies for that of chronological-ness with this post it is definately old now

No comments:

Post a Comment