Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dice Texturing


Been playing on Maya some more, and now I'm starting to enter the world of proper textures (well more like creeping in). This is a very very basic piece of modeling (its of a cube basically) and I did jazz it up a bit with a quick bevel to make the dice look slightly more realistic. But the point of this model was to start looking at the UV editor and mapping a 2D image straight to the cube using UVs. Once I had mapped this diffuse map (thats a map that colours the model) I mapped a bump map to the surface, which gives the impression of depth to areas of the model. In this case the areas I wanted depth where the dots on the sides of the dice. This is all still very basic texturing but its a demonstation of how you start to get towards textures that will make you model look like something from the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment