Monday, November 15, 2010

Zbrush Work

It's been a while since I posted stuff up on this blog, or any blog for that matter, so I thought it was high time to update this one. At the moment I am doing quite a bit (many things going on) but one of projects I am most enjoying is a bit of character modelling I am currently working on. I have previously posted some maya shots of the finished low res model (my workflow is very much game themed) and this next screen shot is of a slightly higher poly version ( I havent altered the uvs just fortified some edges so that when I opened the mesh in zbrush edges wouldnt change to much from the smoothing) which has been opened in zbrush and has had be sculpting with it for a few hours. Im gonna take this time to say how much I love zbrush, its so very intuative, and even with just using some basic tools you can get some great results, currently I have only used the standard brush, move brush (a tiny bit) and the smooth brush. As you can see I am currently working in the folds in the trousers, this is a bit tricky but fun, its hard to get a good sense of realism to the folds, and also not exaggerate them too much. But anyway I dont want to ramble too much, as zbrush is beckoning me back to work (along with many other things). But my final words about zbrush are that the program is simply ab-tastic, seriously video game characters would be looking far more weedy if it wasnt for zbrushes ability to very easier create abnormally hench people in a matter of brush strokes. I've had to keep myself in check as the concept art for this character was more malnourished that ripped

No comments:

Post a Comment