Saturday, November 6, 2010

Witchdoctor Modelling

Here is an update on the now pretty much complete low poly witchdoctor model. I am really pleased with how this model has worked out, and I am looking forward to taking it into the next steps of the next gen character creation process (zbrush and texturing) I cant wait to see what he will look like with normal , colour, bump, spec and ambient occlusion maps. There are a few little things left to do, mainly the hair and one or two little detail bits but I am confident those will come together quite easily, particularly as I set myself a polygon budget of 10000 triangles and have just broken into 8000 with this model, This means I can go back in and so some analysing of the mesh and add resolution where I feel its needed. I am also pretty pleased as although I started out with an attitude towards triangles that I would make as many as was needed to create the shapes there are actually not that many, meaning I shouldnt need to rebuild it before opening it up in zbrush, I can just tweak one or two areas or even in some cases make no changes as the triangle is in a place when a slighting uneven distribution of resolution wont be noticed. Next step is to finish the remaining things and then uv map with maya and headus uv layout. Hope you enjoy these images.



No comments:

Post a Comment