Saturday, November 27, 2010

Henchman model

Second game character model down, this one took significantly less time than the protagonist. Now partialy because of the absence of as much facial detail (although the topology obvious reflects the main topology of a face to attempt to give the impression of it underneath). This characeter as the image suggests is just under 6000 polys a good amount for a low level enemy character. I modelled this in a few hours on thursday, but its taken me til now to put together the character sheet. I am quite pleased with it, although I havent yet had time to crit it properly and I am certain a fair few problems will arise. I am not as satisfied with these last two models now, as I think I am soon going to change my 3D character modelling workflow quite a bit, I feel for the better, and I am now aware how I could have made better models using less polys in the workflow I am going to be working in from now on. But this is life and you live an learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment