Sunday, November 28, 2010

Character Ideas

My idea for my narrative piece is pretty simple, and also didnt involve a lot of characters (just the one). I still wanted to spend a bit of time working on character design, despite the fact that we were only making a storyboard/animatic and screenplay as opposed to a full blown animation which would have required a significant amount more design work. But anyhow, I wanted to have my character based within the realms of a very stereotypical scientist. As all the way through my screenplay/storyboard the style is very much in keeping with the cliches almost of the gothic horror genre. This is intentional as the idea is to build up a very cliched piece only to have it twisted slightly for a slightly ironic ending. This I often find works very well in animations and even better in short animated films. So my character designs again very much conformed with stereotypical evil/mad scientists.

No comments:

Post a Comment