Monday, November 22, 2010

Clip Character Models

Here it is, the protagonist of the game I am working on for my Digital Animation Module, this is the first iteration of the character model of "Clip" there will be more revisions to resolve the problems with this mesh. That said as a first draft as it were I am pleased with my modelling ability. The head/hair has been the hardest part for me. Human heads are incredibly tricky and require not only a knowledge of human anatomy but also and good knowledge of the topology needed to recreate the look of a person, whilst still meeting the various criteria (ie animatable or keeping to game polygon limits etc), and finally practise. But this is one of the best heads I've made, especially considering the polygon limit. The hair is a bit of a topologicl nightmare, its an awkward shape to create and I think I have managed to even the topology as much as possible and also keep ngons to a non existant minimum. But the rest of the model I am a bit proud of (never be too attached to your work in the animation business, or in my case rarely like the finished piece because if you did it again you could do it better). Thats why I am posting this within 5 minutes of finishing the first model, because give me another five and I will have worked out a hundred things I need to change when I re do the model. The next step is to get the finalised rig inside him start (and smooth blend) then once we start to play around with him we can really test the mesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment