Friday, November 19, 2010

Clothing Modelling

Wow so this is blog post 200, sadly I hadnt planned anything in particular and right now what I really want to post up is the progress im making on my character modelling of our games protagonist "Clip". I have decided that the game blog (tripleagames.blogspot.com if your interested) should only be used for vaguely finished pieces rather than WIP. So lucky (maybe) for you, I'll be posting all my work in progress modelling, texturing etc here. There are a few changes to the image I'm posting from the last one, for one the general increase in resolution in places (he's now up to about 3500 triangles, which I think is pretty good going, especially with the amount of interior faces that I will be cleaning out of the mesh, the collar in particular has quite a few). You will also notice that the organic bits of the model have disappeared, this is because I am currently building/ playing around with topology on them. The head in particular I have started modelling twice playing around with different topology, as heads are hard and something I am not as completely confident yet, clothes however I am really enjoying making, the coat with the awesome collar was a challenge and I tried making a few ways but I really like how its looking and will be a key part of the finished character. The astute among you will notice that Clip only has one shoe at the moment, and may be asking (or not but I'm gonna explain anyway) why has he not just duplicated the shoe for the other leg, and the answer is simple (elementry in fact dear watson, sorry getting carried away) when we were doing the character, one of my suggestions actually made it to the final image and that was that we really liked the idea of odd shoes to represent the scavenging nature of our main characters in the post apocalyptic wasteland they live in. Anyhow next step is to start to add some detail to the belts and straps, make another shoe and then go back to trying out methods of building the head. The arm I can do pretty easily as only a small section is visible on the model but I like practising the topolgy particularly the join between peck muslces and shoulder muscles (which have proved tricky so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment