Thursday, February 24, 2011

Turntable Animation and thoughts on Portfolio

Being at Game On yesterday got me thinking about making sure I have a current portfolio put together, but this is a bit of a problem at the moment with so much of the work I am doing not yet complete and my previous work that is finished not representing where I am currently. I think this is the age old portfolio dilenma and only isn't a problem when the standard of all your work is to such a high level. But it has definately made me want to get the game project worked finished with renewed vigor so it can go into my portfolio. Yesterday I discovered that Maya has a snazy built in turntable function (huzzaah) which helps save a couple of minutes setting up a camera. So I decided to create a wireframe turntable of the Clip mesh from our game, so you can see the model in its entirety. I will be doing this for the five or so characters I will have finished by the end of the game project to start making up my modelling portfolio (they wont be in t-pose like this one I promise, as I will have had to rig them all for the game anyway). The idea of the structure of the modelling portfolio is pretty simple, there will be lots of turntables of the different characters (all posed) showing off the wireframes and the textured versions, and I will also get in some low poly assets that I am particularly proud of and fly throughs of my best environment work. This should produce a good bit of work to show for the time being.

Untitled from Toby Rutter on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment