Thursday, February 10, 2011

Henchman Remodel

To the observant among you it may seem like I am just doing the same work over and over again, based on the number of times I have posted pictures of the same character models. I am currently working on the second of our games bad guys/ evil henchman. So hopefully soon there will be a slightly different model for you to look at. Anyway the reason I've gone through doing the third re-model in some cases is to make sure, now that my rig is finished, that my characters can actually move as well as the rig. I have been putting into practise on all my models a series of guidelines for better deformation geometry. I have also been going through and removing lots of unecessary polygons. The polycount for my characters for this game are much more around the ps2 standard. As I am not using normal maps and really high poly sculpting, the low poly meshes dont need to be pushing the 10k tris in order to convey the shapes and forms we want. Anyway thats all for now, I'm going to try and finish my level two environment by next wednesday (along with a list longer than my arm of things that need doing) So hopefully there will be quite a lot of activity on this space (and hopefully stuff that hasnt really been seem before.

No comments:

Post a Comment