Sunday, April 4, 2010

Organic UV mapping

A little while back I was busy working through some tutorials to build me and plane, and from there unwrap sed plane so I could learn how to UV map non organic meshes. Well Ive just finished unwrapping a nice organic mesh for a human head. The mesh wasn't made by me (I do plan on doing the tutorial which teaches good practise when it comes to edge loop topology which after practising skinning a mesh I am really starting to appreciate.) But anyway here is the UV layout for the mesh of the head. Weirdly I think I found it easier to UV map organic meshes that the mesh for my P51 Mustang. Coming soon hopefully I ll start to post Zbrush work on here once my wacom arrives and I can get my claws into that. Im looking forward to Zbrush's UV master doing all my UV layouts then.


No comments:

Post a Comment