Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finished Electric Guitar

Right here it is the big moment, I ve finally finished modelling my electric guitar for my scene. As with the last time I'm using a wireframe screen shot rather than a quick render to show what I've done so far. You may notice that the guitar is missing some strings, this is because the entire object will be grouped when I export it into my scene as a obj. file. As a result of this I am going to add the strings in the scene so I can move them easily as they are most likely going to be animated during the animation.

In the end the model is a combination of nurbs surfaces construction from curves (the body, neck and headstock) and polygons (the frets, pickups and bridge) I also used nurbs curves and revolved them for the dials. At one point I looked at doing some fairly complicated stuff for some switches but thought that it was such small detail it didn't justify spending the time and probably wouldn't be noticed in the final animation so I shelved that idea. In the end I'm very pleased with the slightly simplified model but overall I think I ve managed to reproduce a lot of the detail off this guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment