Sunday, April 4, 2010

House Texturing

I've spent quite a bit of time this morning learning bout different textures (I've been using Blinns, and phongs) and how to use them to make this scene look realistic. Instead of starting with diffuse colour as the first texture I went through adding bump maps to all the geometry in the scene. As you will see from the renders this made a surprising amount of difference to to gray geometry and really highlighted how textures such as specularity, bump and alpha and probably more important than the diffuse texture. I have also animationed a little camera pan across the scene which will hopefully help show off specularity and reflections in the windows better. This will be posted up shortly. Thats all really apart from texturings wicked, love it. Also there will be another post after this one with the rest of my work in progress renders.





No comments:

Post a Comment