Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Domino Effect Animation

So as our introduction to CG animation tasked, we have been told to make an animation based on the idea of the domino effect that is 30-60 seconds long. We had to pick a theme early this week to decide what are animation is basically going to be. Now it took me some time get to get an idea of the kind of thing I wanted in my animation but I think I have finally cracked it. I decided I wanted the animation to be something to do with music after I spent some time modeling a guitar amp stack on monday. From this I chose that the setting of my animation would be a music practise room, and that the theme would be music. Armed with this I went around modelling some more essential parts of my scene, here is a render (I havent started texturing yet hence the excessive amount of 50% gray) but here are some of the meshes I have already made.



There are plenty more items on my modelling list: a digital piano, chair, guitar and possibly a bass guitar, and I think a drum machine a whole kit might be a bit much. Now the theme is the domino effect and I've decided that the way im going to animate the things in my scene is my designing and people lots of fantasitical contraption (think Wallace & Gromit cracking contraptions) that in a domino effect will start building a song up. This way I will also get a good idea that requires sound to work, so hopefully I won't just forget about it which I might have done if the project wasnt so sound oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment