Friday, March 26, 2010

Nurbs Sandle

So I'm venturing further and further into the world of non rational b-splines, and started to model a show bout 28 minutes ago. All was going swimmingly (here is a render if you dont believe me) but Maya decided to help my learning curve by randomly changing the scale and angle of my image reference, luckily I noticed something was up before continuing however I dont yet not how to rectify it so ill probly spend the rest of the evening wrestling with the problem. Anyhow onto how I made the start of my sandle. First I created a nurbs circle and repositioned CVs to match reference image, then duplicated the curve to make the top of the sandle base. I scaled two more duplications in so I could loft the base of the sandle. after that it was just a case of duplicating the curve and offsetting it a bit and using a further duplication to make the angle. I then lofted between these two surfaces. The next step will be to adjust the shape of the foot, then make nurbs curves to use to trim sections out, when it will start to look sandle like. Finally add a few details and its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment