Monday, March 15, 2010

Planet

Ok so we are at a lovely stage with our stop motion animation "They Call Me Trinity", we are currently going through and editing bits, removing/adding things that aren't meant to be there, adjusting colours, applying film grains etc. Originally I had drawn an image from space to be an animated still at the start of the piece to help the audience suspend their disbelief and set the scene. However upon watching the finished animation this morning with plinky plonky piano music (silent movie style) I decided my planet drawing wasn't gonna cut it, for a start one drawn image at the start of a 3 and a half minute stopmotion animation would look a bit out of place. So I browsed the internet looking for the odd tutorial to help me make a planet in photoshop that would look the part. I found a very good tutorial on Deviant Art, and adapted it to the kind of colour scheme I felt would work, and here is the final image. Now just back to clone stamping sand for the 2300 remaining frames of the animation.......


No comments:

Post a Comment