Wednesday, March 17, 2010

UV Mapping

I ve spent the day unwrapping and sorting out the mess that was the UV's for my P51 Mustang (well I say mess, seeing as its a hard object rather than organic that UVs were actually in rather a good shape, once I had unwrapped them). I've learned a lot, how to use a lot of the tools in UV mapping on hard modelled objects, such as cutting, unfold, planar and cylindrical mapping, and possibly a few more I forgot to mention. I do still have a few bits left to do, uv mapping the extras (nose cone, props and engine exhausts) but those should be finished fairly soon, thens its just a case of laying out the UVs and putting them into photoshop so I can make a 2d texture to reapply that will fit the model perfectly. Preferably one with bump, specular and diffuse maps to make it look nice an realistic. Thats hopefully all to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment