Monday, November 28, 2011

I was continuing to experiment with hairstyles in this concept and decided to try out a common punk staple the mohawk and shave of the rest of his hair. I do rather like the hair cut but I'm a little bit vary of making an art decision purely for the sake of how it looks visually. For anyone who's tried to get their hair into one of these you'll know that you need so fairly gravity defying hair products or glue (and even glue doesn't work amazingly well). Even if hair products were invented in the civilised towns and cities of this fantasy world, they would be the kind of things noblemen might use, and would not be the kind of thing warrior tribes living in harsh mountains would. So as a result I decided despite it looking cool that this wasn't the right direction for the character. I also very quickly sketched some longer boar style teeth in to see how they compare.


No comments:

Post a Comment