Monday, November 28, 2011

Beastman Design Continued

As part of my design process I wanted to draw the character from many angles to make sure I had a strong understanding of what I was creating. This is an orthographic profile shot of the character. I experimenting with a similar long haircut from the original design but instead had it scraped back into a pony tail. I had just watch Game of Thrones and the Dothraki had a definite influence in this area. I liked the way they all grew their hair long and braided/pony tailed it. Then when a warrior lost a duel his braid would be cut off. I didn't want to copy this tradition but I felt that some kind of warrior tradition would definitely fit well with the background of his tribe. His default pose and facial expression are fairly aggressive which isn't a probably as I think this sums up his race quite aptly, but I have been thinking about other facial expressions as I will be creating a variety on the final 3D model, and angling his head up out of this quite aggressive lean forward will be a good way of make his expression less severe. In this concept I also developed the ear into a more angular version of the natural human ear, which I like and think fits the character nicely. It has also occurred to be that a way to break the natural symmetry of 3D models will be to create details such as a section of his ear that was torn in a fight. I will be looking to give him a few battle scars, although not too many for two reasons; a) I want him to look relatively young and not been is as many fights as a elder of his tribe and b) you need to get the right balance for of secondary and tertiary details on a model so as not to clutter up the shape of the sculpt.


1 comment:

  1. Irony - Titanium Hair Cutter Reviews
    TINY-TINY-TINY. $29.95. titanium white acrylic paint The TINY TINY TINY is a perfect shaving titanium keychain tool, titanium dive knife especially for sensitive skin that revlon titanium max edition is sensitive columbia titanium pants to skin irritation. This

    ReplyDelete