Monday, November 28, 2011

Beastman Modelling

After concepting various different directions I could take the model I experimented with a few in 3D. The mohawk whilst the concept looked good on paper (even though it didn't make a lot of logical sense I was still reluctant to dismiss it outright) didn't work as well in 3D, the large amount of bald head draw a lot of focus away from the rest of the character. So without detailing or spending two long on the model I realised I was going to have to bin the idea.

I moved on to blocking out the hair volume that had looked quite promising on paper, and even at an unrefined stage this was working with the overall sculpt and once I have worked into it a bit more I'm sure it will look even better.



Finally I used an existing male base mesh to attach the head to, this would allow me a bit more shoulder for my bust, and also then make the model ready for when I want to create a full body version of the character. I spent quite a long time retopologising the neck area, as this hadn't been done particularly well when I did my original base mesh, and I also fixed a few areas around the eyes improve the general edge flow of the model for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment