Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Witchdoctor Update

It's time for a quick update of how my little witchdoctor side project is going (I think quite well, but I'll let you judge). This is my first attempt at using zbrush on a character I have designed and also my first attempt at using normal maps (already since starting this I have decided on a different work flow I will be using in the futute for the creation of my real time characters). I havent spent as much time on this guy recently as the game work I've been doing for uni has somewhat taken over my life. The images below are split into 3 categories high poly zbrush sculpt of the character (no where near as high poly as I could go), low poly character models in Maya with the normal map of the high poly applied, and finally a preview of the colour map, which at his stage is just block colour, ambient occlusion mapped from the high poly details, and the start of a denim pattern that will be used on his jeans and canvas bag. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment