Saturday, December 11, 2010

Basic Texturing

What with assessment now over my attention is once again completely concentrated on the digital animation project. In theoy there will be lots of posts next week, as we are going to do a huge lets get stuff done session and be at uni every day. As you may have seen I've been beginning to UV map and texture characters, by way of previewing what they will look like. And I am slowly working in details to those character textures. I have also started contributing more assets to the game, now that my rig is finished (which the exception of those pesky fingers). Here is one of the assets I built (its very low poly under 500) and is a security booth that will soon have a barrier to accompany it. I have this morning UV mapped it and painted a basic flat colour to it. Then mapped the AO over the top. The next step is for me to paint in the material properties (ie make it look like its been made of some sheet metal and plastic for the window frames). And then the fun can really start, by this I mean the texture distressing making this booth look like its been scratched, burnt out and generally wrecked.


No comments:

Post a Comment