Monday, December 6, 2010

Texturing Preview

Here is one area of my progress with my game work (there has also been rigging progress and other such progress which looks less snazy as a screenshot, so that will remain as it often does hidden underneath the character meshes maintaining the illusion that they move by magic). This is the very very (did i mention very) basic blocking in of the colours so I can quickly tell which area of the mesh is which and the base colour that is going to be. The astute among you will notice that the henchmans mesh has lots of black on it, this is down to the ambient occlusion map that I have baked as a texture (baking it allows me to use it in game) this shows me areas of shadow, for example the dark lines on the torso showing me that no light reaches this area as its covered in bag strap. I like getting these basic blocks in (as it means texturing has officially started and it starts to give you a preview of the character) I will over the next few days/weeks be adding lots of detail, texture, distressing etc to these texture maps, creating a bump and spec map for each (as well as the AO map that clip is missing) and if we get lucky with time I may eventually normal map the characters for that extra bit of detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment