Sunday, January 2, 2011

Its been a while

As the title suggests it has been a while since I posted anything on my blog. So merry Christmas and a happy New Year. I am going to use this post to showcase a piece of work I have been doing in my spare time (when not running round like a headless chicken doing uni work and learning things to *fingers crossed* improve uni work), the piece of work was created working to a brief, which required me to create and texture a game character/ vehicle/ or environment. Bearing in mind the restrictions of creating assets for games. I chose to create a game character, and if you've seen any of my previous blog posts you will probably have seen him coming along rather nicely. Recently this project had been forced into the background as my game work for uni has somewhat taken prioty, however with the deadline near the start of january, I decided that even if I did very little else over christmas, I would finish this, and I would finish it well. I am very pleased with the finished result, considering I began using Maya this time last year, and my 3D software experience prior to that was very slim, I feel I have made good progress in a year and hope I can make a similar leap forward by this time next year. However that said there is (as with all finished pieces) plenty I have learnt whilst doing it, and a lot I would approach in a different way next time around. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, if not for this piece (as the deadline is fast approaching) but for future works that can be improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment