Friday, December 3, 2010

Character Update

I thought it was time for another blog update, I'm actually finding it hard to find the time to stop working to document all the work I am doing. It's assessment week for narrative next week so thats all a bit hectic, but we are also nearing day by day the january deadline for the game demo, and what with christmas hols just round the corner I am keen to motivate my group that anything done before christmas doesn't have to be done over christmas. That said everything is starting to fall into place a bit more. So here is a little bit of what I was working today. We have an image of Clip our protagonist, and I know the model looks very similar to the last models I have posted of him, but there have been some subtle differences. With the exception of his previously rather ladylike lower body and waist done of the actual shapes have change. For instance you probably wouldnt notice from looking at it that I completely remodelled the face today, to a lower polygon topology and a much cleaner one. I have also remodelled the torso jacket from scratch to again change the topology to a better one for deformation. I also went through and managed to reduce the overall polygon count by about 2000, although some of this has been re-invested. The reason for this is one wednesday I got the game group to test my rig (version one) out and test the semi skinned character. We managed to find plenty of areas with room for improvement both in mesh and rig. And hopefully now some of these have been rectified with the Clip remodel and the WIP of rig version two complete with much better feel, hands, controllers and more. Anyway I have waffled enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment