Thursday, May 13, 2010

Video References

During the character performance and believablilty topic I didn't record enough of my references, a mistake that I was't going to continue into Introduction to Digital. The first influences are quite typical "Rude Goldberg" machines influences of the domino effect, and later on they become more themed towards music and my particular animation.
First up is the Honda Accord advert, called Cog. This is one of my favourite adverts ever and is a perfect example of brilliant domino effect in action.


Next up is Wallace and Gromit's Cracking Contraptions, this is the first of two stop motion influences for this CGI project, sadly embeding is disabled to I have had to settle with a link. I really love Wallace's incredible and weird machines that often involve lots of small actions working towards completing a simple task. And have just started brainstorming ideas for the domino effect cracking contraptions was a good place to start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuHUS-9laBI

I fairly soon realised I wanted to do an animation involving musical equipment, although I spent some time working how I would use the domino effect within that. I decided I would do a bit more of a conceptual domino effect rather than a literal one. By this I decided to animate to music and how the music building up and more instruments being added to be the domino effect. It was at this time that I became aware of Animusic, a series of amazing animations that are based around entirely the same idea.






Starship Groove was getting even closer to the kind of animation I wanted to make, I had already decided that I wanted to have machines and robots that I would design playing the instruments.


finally we have a bit of a weird influence, this is the second stop motion animation that has influenced me. It is a music video by a metal band call Austrian Death Machine (apartly influence by Arnie) and the song is called "get to the choppa". The music video is rather good it involves a stop motion robot band playing the song. Seeing as it drew parallels with what I was doing this thought I should get it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment