Saturday, May 15, 2010

Preview Animation



So here it is the preview test for my final animation. This is made completely of playblast footage from within maya (hence the quality) and unfortunately it is edited together rather choppy-ly due to having to use windows movie maker as uni is closed for the weekend (no final cut pro and adobe premier) that will all be rectified for the final edit of the render. Other points to note there seems to be a problem with the playblast footage around the time the fx cuts in prior to the guitar riff, the camera should be panning across the pedal at this point. But all in all I am rather pleased with how its gone so far. The characters are a little bit static still, although they are moving a lot more now than in previous test animations. The animating has been probably the hardest bit in my opinion, I prefer and feel I am better with the modelling stages and although I havent yet completed texturing thats again another step I really enjoy. Also due to the nature of my characters animating them to act in the same way as realy performers was always going to be difficult, I had to use joint skeletons in the arms and fingers to get the amount of movement you see here, and any more would have required different kinds of contraints, locators, actually painting weights to the meshs. All things that I am starting to get an understanding of but no where near enough to apply them to an idea and creation of my own yet. Its been tough knowing when to attempt more and when to accept things and leave them with this project. I want to make something that ressembles a complete animation as much as possible, and I picked something hard to do to challenge myself as I wanted to test what I have learned over the last 5 months, but I feel the animation is now, perhaps with a few tweaks, at a near finished state as I want to concentrate on trying to texture the remaining bits of my scene to get that finished feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment