Sunday, May 9, 2010

Organic Modelling Practise

I felt I needed a break this afternoon, and being who I am chose to take a break from maya by doing more on maya, only this time I decided to work on something outside of the domino effect project. And seeing as I would like to go into building characters and environments I felt I was due some much needed modelling practise. So what started as lets see how far I can get into modelling a biped character very soon has turned into some ideas for a character. The model is at quite a early stage, I'm still blocking out and adding detail. The idea behind the character is an aquatic fish like alien that lives in a mechanical suit to allow it to move out side of the water. The kind of imagery I associate with it at the moment is a bit like Admiral Ackbar (only in a enclosed helmet and a smaller fish creature controlling an exo skeleton) and suit wise the kind of armour the krogans where in Mass Effect, are a few of my influences. I'm going to keep working on it as far as I can get and then when it gets to a point when I am happy with it or I get really stuck I am going to restart the model and try and build it again as this helps to improve the model and your workflow.
The model in lowest resolution before the mirror geometry



Higher resolution with mirror



Highest resolution but a screen shot in maya rather than a render, this allows you to see the wireframe and get an idea of further modelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment