Sunday, May 9, 2010

Meet the Band

I am currently nearing the completetion of all the modelling required for my domino effect animation. The room has all its details (no textures or lighting yet, this will be explained), all this leaves left to do is to finish building and adding details to my characters. So without further a do I'll let you meet the band

Bassist
the head is modelled based on big bass speakers, the pair of headphones I previously modelled but I liked the look it gave the character. The speaker he is sat on is modelled from reference images of an Orange speaker cabinet. The amp is a duplicate of the ampeg header I made for the guitarists stack. The bass is modelled from reference images of a gibson les paul copy, both from images and also first hand as its one of my own guitars. Areas that are going to be worked in on, the hands obviously need to be made, the arms need work and the lower section of his body needs to be built so he has something that is actually sat on the amp as opposed to hovering. Also the upper torso needs a little tweaking.



Singer
The vocals of the band are handled by this fella, the head is the key part of the model, it is based on a retro microphone (this was the first design I had for any of the band and so was fairly key in influencing how I made the bassist) again the body needs some work, the singer isnt intended to have any arms just the limb holding him to the mic stand. If I get time once I have modelled everything in a preliminary stage I would like to go back and spend more time modelling bodies and making them more individual rather than just duplication and some scaling to make them different.


No comments:

Post a Comment