Monday, March 7, 2011

Some More Cutouts

Here are some more the 2D images I have drawn, then digital painted and then made (or are being made) into 3D cutouts. Here we have the bullies, the villains of Isaac's day to day life and the pram which Isaac saves from being run over by a bus, this act of heroism is misinterpreted as being the work of the Green Templar and helps him see that he should stop moping around and start helping people again (cue awesome adventures avec Isaac). I really looked at the brief when thinking about the character of Isaac. I wanted to make a premise for an animation that kids could relate to, and something that stuck out to me was that during my age bracket is the transition from primary to secondary school and all the changes it brought with it. On top of that you have the transition to adolescance which people encounter all kinds of issues and I thought I would be cool to try and challenge issues such as being an outsider and dealing with bullies in the animation (if it was made as a tv series). The other thing that interested me was an article I read describing the change in super heroes of the current day. The article talked about how nowadays super heroes are more like violent action heroes than the defenders of ideals and ordinary people they were when they were invented. I wanted to bring this back a bit with the design of the characters. Particularly because the values that traditional superheroes upheld and good lessons to teach children.


No comments:

Post a Comment