Thursday, March 17, 2011

Assets

Heres a render of the dumpster from my business of animation project. At the start of the project we were told we should pick an objective or personal goal to try and achieve through the project. Mine was to practise and create a stylized piece of CG animation. I found creating nice looking stylized 3D work quite difficult, and people who are good at it really impress me, so this I felt was a good challendge. I feel that my 3D environments and assets for this project have really achieved what I set out to do. But I think my stylized character modelling isnt as strong yet as it normally is. I found that the idea I jumped on was like much of my work pretty ambitious especially for the length of time I was given in the brief. As a result I decided to trying and create a kind of cut out animation for all the characters apart from Isaac which the animation was following. The reasons being to make completely the project achievable within the time frame and as the brief wanted the focus to be on one character to keep it there by distinguishing with different styles the main and background characters. This has been a good problem solver for this project but I dont really think the style works brilliantly, the overall look would be much better if there were complete cg sets, all the characters were modelled in 3D and if my stylized character modelling was better.




No comments:

Post a Comment