Monday, March 28, 2011

Low Poly Bust

I've just finished modelling the low poly version of my bust, it still needs uv mapping and a bit of tweaking on topology. I could do with removing some of the polygon density in the mask as its quite high compared to the rest of the model. The next step is uv mapping the bust and then spending some time playing around with the normal maps generated from my high poly whilst I finish up the texturing. The reason I want to spend some time playing with the normal maps is to work out the best way of making the low poly mesh to capture as much of the high poly detail as possible. Obviously you dont want to spend time making the lovely detail if you cant see any of it on the low poly. But all in all I am very pleased with how this little side project has been going, I haven't had as much time this year to do litte projects outside of uni to improve, although luckily the uni work has been more in the areas that I enjoy and wanted to improve on. However I would have liked to have spent more of this year practising my zbrush work. The aim of this quick little project was to put together all the little bits I have learnt that I had in my head of how my workflow was going to be and finish an entire model in that workflow to cement it. Doing the project has emphasised this is definately how I like working, the ease in which I can work in zbrush feels far more artistic than the very technical maya and allows you to really brings ideas to a model much quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment