Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Game Ideas Continued

A little while I posted a compiled image of various films and games that severed as some ideas for the dystopian sci fi game im working on. This post follows a similar thread, only this time the images are just ideas for the creation of the enemy soldiers, who although this hasn't been finalised yet will likely be part of a private military owned by either the corporation or government that is the oppressor in the game. I looked at lots of images of riot police, and swat teams to get a series of reference images that will be used when we are coming up with the concept art of the enemy soldiers and their uniform. The key things we will be looking at when making the concept art is making a slick uniform that looks a bit more futuristic than modern day (although we arent going to far into the future so there won't be to many "high" sci fi influences). We will also be arming the soldiers differently as the majority of these images are of riot police who are equipted with slightly less lethal weaponry. Aspects that I think look really strong that I want to keep are the gas masks and helmets giving the soldiers an oppressive, faceless and emotionless expression which I really like. This I think is a similar feel to that of the Killzone Helghast soldiers which are now I think of it a bit of a reference, however when I look for references I tend to try and base them within art or the real word (ie what the artists that made Killzone will have looked at) rather than the game itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment