Monday, October 4, 2010

Colour Map

Ok so here is an update on how the texturing is going. So far so good, I think its all going well although I won't really know until I apply the map to the mesh and have a look, but you learn from your mistakes so I'm not too worried. This has taken a little longer to post up, I didn't do as much over the weekend as I wanted (thanks very much team fortress 2) but I've made a lot of progress today and have finished blocking in all the metal panels and have nearly (over 2/3 the way there) started to do basic distressing on each panel. After this you can look forward to me going on and on and on about painting rivets, adding scratches where I dont think the model is scratched enough and generally dirtying him up. I am pleased with the look at the moment I was going for a really cobbled together feel and I think thats coming across. Once I finish the colour map I am going to create a bump map from it (to give the different layers of panels a sense of depth) and also a specular map (pretty important as hes made out of metal). There are also a couple of other maps I might try, I would like to do normal map/depth map, but I can see myself opening this mesh in zbrush so I might just make one using crazy bump from certain bits of the metal textures that I feel might need some extra detail. Anyway rant over, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment