Saturday, October 9, 2010

Character Update

The creation of this character is turning into somewhat of an epic saga, last night the character was nearing completetion (with colour map pretty much there, and a test of the first bump map working well), but then this morning came the twist in this tale. Upon attempting to test some more changes I had made to the colour map (I am now in the process of neatening bits and bobs up and removing any remaining seams) I was confronted by the rather startling error message "Fatal Error" followed by maya promtly crashing, and refusing to open the document. Now here is the moral of the story always use incremental saves! ALWAYS! This annoyed me as normally I do and I only had myself to blame, and I was a fool to think what can possibly go wrong I'm only applying a few textures, how young, and foolish I was. Anyone long story short turns out it was something weird to do with the texture that was screwing up maya, so I managed to import the geometry from the maya file, and deleted the material and now I'm back to where I was last night, a little bit further back but a lot wiser. But anyway I have digressed quite a bit from the point of this post, which was to post up a few images of the character with the nearly finished colour map applied, a screenshot of the colour map and any other random bits an bobs. So enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment